AC Duct cleaning
AC DUCT CLEANING
Abbot Dryer Vent Cleaning Houston – AC Duct Cleaning Services
While no study has conclusively proven that AC duct cleaning can actually prevent health problems, The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that you do so anyway. This is because dirty air ducts are among the many possible sources of pollutants and irritants, such as mold infestation in hard surface components of the heating and cooling systems in homes and businesses, which could pose a threat in people’s health.
What causes your air duct to become dirty?
Houston AC duct cleaning services can be a good investment down the road. This is because dirty ducts can be an indication of a serious problem that needs to be dealt with immediately.
One of the reasons your HVAC ducts have become dirty is your return vents may have been placed on the floor. These are the vents that pull air from inside back to the air handler. While placing the return vents will keep your floor clean, all that dirt goes right back into the ducts, causing dirt to build up.
Leakage is another reason you need expert AC duct cleaning Houston TX services. This is especially true on the return side of the duct, which is under negative pressure. Any leak can pull air, as well as dirt, into them. You have to check immediately if your HVAC system has a panned joist return, which your installer may have intentionally done. Panned returns are often very leaky because the seams and joints are usually improperly sealed.
How do you know you need professional AC duct cleaning?
You should consider contacting an air duct cleaning service if you notice the following:
- Your energy bill has been unusually higher recently.
If you can’t seem to get your finger on what’s been causing your utility bill to go up suddenly, it can be a case of clogging or leakage in your ducts, reducing your HVAC’s efficiency. If you don’t want to waste money paying for high electricity bills, then you should call an AC duct cleaning Houston service right away.
- Visible signs of insect or rodent infestation.
Usually, you’ll notice a different odor coming from the vents if there’s rodents or insects living in them. The smell from the droppings and other debris can contaminate the air, making everyone in your home sick. Debris from the ducts can also damage the whole HVAC system.
- Signs of mold growth.
Mold growth is common in humid places, like Houston Texas. Anyone exposed to mold can have health problems, like respiratory issues, throat irritation, eye irritation, and even skin problems. Mold can also cause people with a compromised immune system or lungs to develop serious, life-threatening complications.
- Presence of dust in air filters or return grilles.
You’ll know that the ducts are clogged and need Houston AC duct cleaning services if your newly installed air filters or return grilles are filled with dust.
- Your home is newly renovated.
If you’ve had your house remodeled or refurbished recently, especially when it involved lead paint removal or asbestos abatement, your ducts may need to be cleaned by an AC duct cleaning company.
- Unexplained illness in the family.
This is especially true if it’s a respiratory-related disease or allergy. If you’ve taken all the necessary steps to decontaminate but you or a family member is still sick, then it’s high time that you get the ducts cleaned.
Why are things to look out for post duct cleaning service?
You will need to do a thorough inspection of the ducts to ensure that the AC duct cleaning Houston company did an excellent job.
These are the things to check after the duct cleaning job:
- The cleaning company has accessed and cleaned the entire HVAC system, including all the components, such as ductwork, coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and fans.
- They have shown you the heat exchanges, ducts, and plenums (the spaces where return air is mixed) have been thoroughly cleaned and freed from any debris or obstruction.
- When you point a flashlight into the cooling coil, the light will pass through the other side because the coil has been cleaned.
- The coil fins are straight and properly spaced. The coil drain pan should also be draining properly after the AC duct cleaning Houston service has been carried out.
- The HVAC system should function properly in both heating and cooling modes.
Prevention is better than cure
Having a professional AC duct cleaning Houston TX service to clean your ducts is one way to prevent bigger and costlier problems in the future.